At Choose Love we rely on kind supporters, people like you, to support our vital work. That’s why we are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we will use it for. This policy sets out how and why Choose Love collects and uses your personal data, and how we keep it private and secure.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we use your personal data, please contact us by email at email@example.com
or by post at:
Somerset House, Strand, London, England, WC2R 1LA.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Email addresses
- Names and addresses
- Financial information (on our donation platform)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- to process donations and Gift Aid
- to keep you updated with our work and fundraising appeals (unless you ask us not to)
- to enhance, tailor and personalise our communications for your benefit
- to improve the performance of our website and improve the experience of website visitors
- to deliver relevant online advertising
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request, or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- It is necessary to fulfil a contract or agreement we have with you. For example, if you make a donation we need to process your personal data so that we can manage the payment and send you an acknowledgement.
How we store your personal information
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Your contact information is securely stored using the Engaging Networks platform, and Raiser’s Edge.
We keep email addresses for 2 years. After then we will seek re-consent of inactive email addresses.
We will not share your personal information with any third party, unless there is clear consent to do so.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk