This summer marks the seventh year of Choose Love. We can’t believe how much has happened in that time. The world has gone through a lot, and it’s important to take time to reflect. When people come together: extraordinary things can happen.
Choose Love started back in 2015 as a group of friends who wanted to collect donations for refugees in Calais. We have gone on to become a global organisation supporting refugees and displaced people all over the world.
We wanted to share with you all some of the incredible achievements of the last 7 years that wouldn’t have been possible without YOU!
This is what choosing love can do:
- Together we’ve raised more than $80 million dollars!
- Together we’ve funded a total of 393 organisations across the world.
- Together, we’ve supported almost four million (3,860,000) people worldwide
- Hundreds of thousands of you have proudly worn your Choose Love tees, sharing the message far and wide.
- We’ve been part of so many campaigns supporting the rights of refugees around the world, including taking legal action against the UK Home Office for their failure to help unaccompanied children.
- With all of our partners, we’ve distributed more than five million hot meals, almost three million nappies, and over 650,000 items of clothing.
- We’ve also rescued over 20,000 people at sea, funded almost 200,000 medical consultations, supported more than 130,000 legal cases and built almost 600,00 shelters.
- We have built a community of over half a million people
This wouldn’t be possible without your support.
We thank each and every one of you, every volunteer, every team member for stepping up and being the change we want to see in the world.
As forced migration continues to increase, sadly, so does the need for our work.
We will continue to stand in solidarity with people on the move and our partner organisations. We hope you will continue to stand with us.
THANK YOU ALWAYS
From your Choose Love team