Salary: £30,000-£35,000 per annum
Reports to: Head of Middle East Programmes
Location: Somerset House, London
Choose Love is seeking a Programme Officer. This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the fastest-growing charities in the UK. Choose Love is at a pivotal moment in its growth, in particular this year our fundraising and grant-making have expanded significantly. As such, we are recruiting a highly motivated individual to join us in the following role.
This role has been created to support Choose Love’s grantmaking in the Middle East and will report to the Head of Middle East Programmes.
This role plays a key part in supporting the Programmes Team in supporting short and long-term partners, keeping up with grant administration, updating the team on the regional context, and writing reports and briefings for key stakeholders including donors.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the grant administration of partners by maintaining up-to-date records, tracking grants cycles and reporting deadlines, and processing grants
- Draft Memorandums of Understanding between Choose Love and partner organisations
- Work closely with partners and the compliance team to complete due diligence reviews of new and existing partners, and track documentation needed for grants
- Review and feedback on reports from partners
Research and Writing
- Conduct regional needs assessments with the support of the Head of Middle East Programmes
- Support with developing proposals and drafting content for donors to Choose Love
- Write agendas for meetings, keep minutes and take down actions to share across appropriate team members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the changing contexts and needs of our partners
- Work closely with the Communications team to succinctly capture information on specific contexts or partner highlights
- Support the Head of Middle East Programmes in ongoing relationship management with programmes partners and other key stakeholders
- Respond to ad hoc needs arising from partners – including clarification/support on the application process and support with reporting
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Ideally previous experience in grant management with strong administrative skills
- Interested and engaged in the issues of forced migration and humanitarian response
- Self-starter with proven ability to take direction and work independently, using initiative
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, and analytical skills
- Strong drive and adaptability to work effectively across a broad range of cultural/geographic areas
- Capable and willing to be flexible and move from one project to another as need dictates, with a focus on reactive or short-term work
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks while ensuring quality output
- Acute attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability and a strong desire to work collaboratively
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite
To explore the opportunity further or for any queries you may have, please contact our HR Department on firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending their CVs and a cover letter to email@example.com by 6pm (GMT +1) Friday 3rd December 2022.
Successful candidates at the application stage will be invited in for an interview between 12th and 23rd December 2022.
Employment with Choose Love will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- receipt of two satisfactory references
- proof of eligibility to work in the UK (roles based in London only)
Choose Love is committed to building an inclusive and diverse organisation and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this in further detail.